This idea sort of came about because I’ve been watching a whole lot of “Chopped” these days. When you’re on a budget, their approach to cooking really makes sense – take what you have an make it work. Hence.. breakfast pizza.
– 1 lavash flatbread
– olive oil spray (or 1 tbs of olive oil)
– 2 eggs scrambled (you can add a little milk to fluff em up)
– fresh mozzarella (I prefer whole milk)
– grated parmesan
– fresh baby spinach, chopped
– diced red bell pepper (I used about 1/4 of a pepper)
– ham, shredded
– garlic powder (or raw garlic if you’re less lazy than myself)
– salt & pepper
// To make:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat eggs in a small bowl and cook over low heat. Add salt & pepper, keep on skillet until mostly cooked but still a little moist. Once ready, remove from heat.
While the eggs cook, prepare the pizza. Lay lavash on a pan and lightly spray with olive oil, then sprinkle garlic powder. Distribute eggs evenly over the lavash, then add mozzarella, spinach, ham, and bell pepper. Grate parmesan over pizza, bake for 10-12 minutes, and enjoy your brunch!
– – – – –