I’m pretty shameless in admitting how glutenous I became during November and December. I tend to lose all control when I see a tray of cheese or sweets, so this past weekend I tried to get myself back on track with a light salad that rid me of guilt.
In a large mixing bowl, throw together:
– a heaping handful of baby spinach or mixed greens
– 1/2 of a pear, diced
– 1/4 cup of red seedless grapes, cut into halves
– 1/4 cup of walnuts or pistachios
– a sprinkling of feta
– 2 tbsp of balsamic vinaigrette
Mix well, throw into a big bowl and eat up! It’s heavenly with some toasted focaccia.
A couple of notes:
* I was feeling lazy and used pre-made vinaigrette, but you can easily whip some up (in order to cut back on the fat, sugar, and sodium) with some balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt & pepper
* To make it a little more filling, add some avocado or grilled chicken (or both!)
– – – – –