It’s inevitable to catch some of that chapped winter lip, but if you’re smart you’ll prepare ahead of time. I did not…hence my intensive research on “the best chapsticks” and DIY lip sugar scrubs. I have made different types of sugar scrubs in the past and I always forget how easy they are! I was excited to stumble across Brit + Co.‘s amazing line up of DIY sugar lip scrubs, ranging from Orange, Clove & Honey to Pumpkin Spice. I thought their Rosemary & Peppermint would best suit my needs for that soft feel and soothing tingle.Recipe & images from Brit + Co.
1. Pick a container (I usually use a recycled jar with a nice tight lid), and measure your sugar so that the container is just about half full.
2. Measure the coconut oil—you want a 1:1 ratio of oil to sugar.
3. Transfer oil and sugar to a mixing bowl, then add the chopped rosemary leaves, followed by peppermint flavor extract. Add each of these to taste.
4. Mix gently to combine—over-mixing will make the granules begin to dissolve.
5. Add scrub to your air-tight storage container and refrigerate for up to two weeks. Remove from fridge at least five minutes before use so that the mixture can soften.
6. Scrub into lips to exfoliate!
Seriously guys, smooth kissable lips are more important than you think! I am always about to put some lipstick on when I realize my scraggly lips can’t handle it. (Also, the more chapped your lips the more the wine will seep in, giving you the dreaded “purple lip”).