I’m a big fan of smoothies. They taste like you’re eating dessert, but feel like you’re doing good for your body. This guy is creamy, hearty, and fruity – a great combination for helping the winter blues. I adapted the recipe from the What Katie Ate cookbook which my sister gave me a couple of years back. If you haven’t looked it through before, it’s a must-see for food photographers. Her images are beautiful, and recipes delicious!
The recipe calls for:
– 7 or so fresh or frozen strawberries
– 1 banana
– 1/2 cup milk of your choice
– 7 ounces plain Greek yogurt
– 1/2 teaspoon of ground or grated ginger
– 1 tablespoon of honey or agave
– optional – a small handful of ice if you want it extra cold
Throw it all into a blender and chug-a-lug!
– – – – –