When it comes to DIYs, I like for things to be low cost, and with as few materials as possible. I have roommates, so we go through paper towels and toilette paper like whoa, making it easy to collect a lot of them in no time. This is a perfect project for filling a small space on a wall or adding to a shadow box.
– several used paper towel or toilette paper rolls
– your choice of crafting glue, I used Elmer’s
– thumb tacks
01. Placing the paper roll length wise on a flat surface, press firmly so it flattens out.
02. Cut into even strips to create the 3-D petals. The toilette paper rolls should create about 6 petals, while paper towel rolls create about 12.
03. Start arranging! Glue the sides of the petals together to create a flower shape. You can also create an ivy shape by working length wise rather than in a circularly.
04. Play around with the size of the flowers and their arrangement. Allow to fully dry and place the thumb tacks through the center of the flowers to attach to the wall.
All done! Now sit back and admire your [not so hard] work!
– – – – –