Boston was a wonderful place to be yesterday. This spunky little city has been my home for just about three years, and celebrating the marathon with my neighbors on a beautiful spring day just made it feel that much more alive. We felt the warmth of the sun and cheered on the 36,000 runners making the 26.2 mile run. After the year we had, it was nothing short of incredible.
After watching the festivities up the street from our house, my roommate and I decided to honor the runner’s athleticism through our laziness. We sat in the front yard basking in the sun for just about three hours. It was everything we needed after a very cold winter. This playlist was our companion, and I hope you find it just as sunny-day appropriate as we did!
01. wakin on a pretty day // kurt vile
02. i’d rather dance with you // kings of convenience
03. rock & roll // the velvet underground
04. ride with the tide // emilie mover
05. little surprise // the wave pictures
06. everywhere i’m local // har mar superstar
07. illumination // broadcast
08. 7 heure du mat // jacqueline taieb
09. over the ocean // best coast
10. santa maria de feira // devendra banhart
11. let it fall // lykke li
12. too young to burn // sonny & the sunsets
13. every girl // allah-las
14. love in the ruins // french kicks