It should come as no surprise by now that Christa and I both have a serious sweet tooth, so any time I can put a healthy spin a baked treat without sacrificing taste, I’m in. This past weekend was terribly grey and rainy in Boston, so I cuddled up to watch Gossip Girl on Netflix (zero shame) and made these paleo/gluten free cookies. My roommate had one before I could tell her that they were healthy(ish), and she didn’t believe me. No butter or flour? No. Freaking. Way.
1 cup of unsalted creamy almond butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
01. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
02. In a medium sized bowl (or stand mixer) add almond butter. Stir in the sugar, baking soda, salt and vanilla until combined.
03. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs together. Add to almond mix until thoroughly blended. Turn mixer off and fold in chocolate chips/chunks.
04. Measure 2 packed tablespoons per cookie and place on parchment paper. Leave about 2 1/2 inches in between each cookie, because they spread very wide. This should leave six cookies per sheet.
05. Bake for 10-14 minutes. The less time, the chewier (but also more pale). Allow to cool about 5 minutes before moving to a drying rack.
06. Sit down with a glass of milk, dip, and watch Gossip Girl.
– – – – –