Do you guys ever find yourself getting annoyed when you just want to make a traditional baked good? I feel like every time I search for something simple like “banana bread” or “blueberry muffins” I get results like “rolled oat banana bread with cream cheese filling” or “greek yogurt vanilla bean blueberry muffins.” While I’m all about playing around with recipes, sometimes I just want something simple, ya know?
So on this chilly weekend, my roommates and I decided to make the kind of chocolate chip cookies your grandma makes. Chewy in the middle, crispy on the edges, and no Mediterranean pink sea-salt flakes in sight.
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips or chunks
(serves about 30 cookies)
01. Preheat oven to 375 degress
02. Mix butter, shortening, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla together.
03. Add in eggs, blend well.
04. Stir in flour by hand, then baking soda, and chocolate chips
05. Bake for 9-10 minutes until the edges become golden.
06. Allow to sit on baking sheet for ten minutes before moving to a cooling rack
07. Dip in milk, and enjoy!