While I’m no stranger to some ice cream and burgers on these hot summer days, I’m also a big fan of eating colorfully and fresh. This quick little veggie appetizer goes great as a side dish for a light summery dinner (maybe with some lemony grilled chicken or a lean cut of steak), or even for breakfast served up with some eggs (poached, scrambled — your call!).
- 1 bundle of fresh asparagus
- 3/4 cup fresh heirloom tomatoes (any tomatoes will do, but I just love how colorful these little beauties are)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- Drizzling of olive oil
- 3-4 pinches of garlic salt (regular salt will do too)
- 2-3 pinches of black pepper
01. Preheat oven to 425
02. Trim the white stalks off of your asparagus and spread out the stems onto a baking sheet
03. Dice your onion, quarter your tomatoes, and mix in with asparagus
04. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with garlic salt & pepper
05. Top with grated parmesan and pop into the oven for 12-15 minutes. I like my asparagus to have a little crunch, but if you prefer it on the softer side, simply cook it a little longer.
06. Serve up and enjoy!