Man, the last couple of months have done a number on me. Back in the beginning of April, my landlord of 4 years told my 3 roommates and I that she had decided to put our home on the market. She needed to do it for personal reasons, and while we totally understood and wanted to help her, it was a lot of information to take on very quickly. We live in a big 5 bedroom house with an attic, basement, and storage galore. Needless to say we had some stuff accumulate over time.
She needed us out as quickly as possible, and almost immediately began to have open houses. After a couple of weeks of very intensive searching for a new place, we found a really nice space only a quarter mile away from where we already live. Right after we signed on and had accepted the change, our landlord decided to take the house off of the market. We had the option to stay, but after weighing out the pros and cons, decided that the move made the most sense for us. We’re downsizing for sure, but I’m actually a little excited about that. Our current place is almost too big — so many things accumulating in the nooks and crannies! Also, the new place has central air, can I get an amen to no more sweaty Boston summer sleepless nights?
The big move is happening this coming weekend, and while I’m sad to give up such a beautiful place that was my first home in a new city, I’m ready to make the new place ours.
Here’s hoping that this playlist helps to chill you all out, as it has for me! Click here for the list on Spotify.
01. boardwalks // little may
02. only memories remain // my morning jacket
03. broken // jake bugg
04. simple as this // jake bugg
05. depreston // courtney barnett
06. ashamed // deer tick
07. snaggle tooth // vance joy
08. second chances // gregory alan isakov
09. ojai // ray lamontagne
10. homecoming heroes // the head and the heart
11. the glow // esmé patterson
12. house of winston // shakey graves
13. burn card // the barr brothers
14. she lit a fire // lord huron
15. st. roch blues // hurray for the riff raff
16. blue ridge mountain // hurray for the riff raff