When it comes to mixing & matching on the beach, we’re big fans — and we’re also okay with things getting a little weird. If you wanna play with spots and stripes, you go on with your bad self. The trick with pattern/print play is all about making sure the colors compliment each other, as well as the print proportions. If you’re feeling a little less adventurous, it’s always a safe bet to have a solid bottom and saucy top. This is an awesome way to make your beach-wear stand out, and having a new suit that’s totally custom to your style.
Image via Gray Malin
Oh, yes. It’s here – that time of year where we can bask in the sunshine (with high SPF), flip on our sunnies, and simply be. The vitamin D has certainly been making a big difference in my mood lately, and summer plans have been flying into our schedules left and right. In honor of this upcoming season (4 days!), I’ve created a little playlist with some sweet surf-rock sounds to keep you feeling cool on these long warm days.
Click here for your listening pleasure.
01. we tried // the drums
02. i got the moves // habibi
03. all things come to pass // the babies
04. back to the sea // the sandwitches
05. third ave // the king khan & bbq show
06. i think i knew // cate le bon
07. sleepover // hospitality
08. mad sounds // arctic monkeys
09. easy // pure x
10. don’t stop loving me now // floating action
11. the truth // dr. dog
12. killin the vibe // ducktails
13. wonder years // real estate
PS. If you’re in the need of some upbeat jams to keep you motivated for bikini season, check out last month’s playlist!