How is it already the middle of June?! These months fly by! June is making it’s mark on us thought – gorgeous blue skies and clear, chilly nights. We’re ready for beach weather now, but thanks for easing us into it, June 😉
These next couple of weekends are going to involve a whole lot of lounging in the great outdoors. This coming Friday Christa and I are heading up her to family’s home in rural New Hampshire, and the following weekend we’ll be hanging with old friends on the beach in Old Lyme, CT. Sometimes when things are this relaxed, I just want some twangy bluesy folky goodness to accompany me.
If you’re in the same boat as myself, click here to enjoy.
01. cross road blues // robert johnson
02. truckin’ little woman // big bill broonzy
03. when the levee breaks // memphis minnie
04. louis collins // mississippi john hurt
05. will you miss me? // woody guthrie
06. i walk the line // johnny cash
07. fixin’ to die // bukka white
08. the blizzard’s never seen the desert sands // tallest man on earth
09. ripple // grateful dead
10. along about daybreak // bill monroe
11. can i sleep in your arms // phosphorescent
12. laundry room // the avett brothers
13. american hearts // a.a. bondy
Sorry for the radio silence, friends! You’d think that having a 3 day weekend would mean extra time to get stuff together, riiiight? NOPE! This summer has been jam packed already and we’re busy little bunnies! The one thing we haven’t done much of yet is hit the beach, and it’s been calling our name! All of that blue – blue skies, blue water – I’m seeing it everywhere and loving it!