With Father’s Day around the corner, we’ve started thinking about what our plans with our Pops will entail — while we’ll most likely stick to a lovely dinner with something deliciously grilled, we might suggest a little activity before or after the meal. Day trips are a great way to spend the day with your Dad, because let’s face it, nothing beats a great experience to remember together!
01. See a baseball game
Some good ol’ American past-time fun is always a good bet!
02. Go on a kayak/canoe trip
Reg brought her dad kayaking for his first time last year and he was completely in love. Pack some snacks and hit the water!
03. Take a bike ride
Look into your local bikes routes and hit it up to take in this beautiful spring weather together.
04. Explore a museum
Great option in case you get rained out! See what your nearby cities have to offer in history, science, or art museums!
05. Go on a hike
Another perfect way to enjoy Mother Nature while having some bonding time with the Dadio. Get in a little exercise and enjoy the views!
Hey all, and happy almost summer! We’re just two short days (well, long days, according to the Earth’s rotation), away from one of our favorite seasons. And what better way to kick it off but with a day where you get to show your Dad a little extra appreciation?? This weekend is full of all sorts of goodness, hope you enjoy it!
rkv // I don’t know about you guys, but my mama raised me to have a healthy appetite. Because of that, I always have snacks readily available (mainly to avoid getting h-angry 🙂 ) So I was very happy to see this list of 10 high-protein snacks to keep you hungry… and the first one has chocolate!
Why are Dads so difficult to shop for?? They’re such simple people with simple desires, and that makes it tough to find them a good gift. The key for Dad is getting him something that he’ll actually use, hence all of the food related items. Then there’s also the practical items, like the grill thermometer and stretching band (my Pop is always complaining about his hamstrings and calves), and of course personal items for things that strike his interest, like movies and books. Hope our finds help to inspire you in your gift hunt before Sunday!
It’s nearly Dad Day! Time to pick out some of those last minute gifts to show your Pop some love!
01. Heathered Tie // For those 9-5 Dads who are traditional, but wouldn’t mind adding something a little modern to their wardrobe.
02. Beatles vs. Stones Book // Our Dads grew up during the time of two of the most popular bands in history. If your Pop is a music buff and loves to read, this one is perfect for him.
03. ‘Merica Spatula // The Grill Master can’t have too many spatulas, especially when they’re adorned with American Flags! Perfect for the 4th and endless summer BBQs.
04. Dean & Deluca Peppercorn // Good spices are things Dads (and most people) don’t buy for themselves. Splurge on some delicious herbs & spices that he’ll be so happy to have!
05. Enamel Mug // I don’t know about your Dads, but my dad was a big camper. These lightweight mugs were essential to camping, but are making a comeback. Keep Dad in the know with this awesome mug and he’ll be the most stylin’ coffee drinker around the neighborhood!
06. Pink Floyd DVD // Continuing with the music theme, this DVD is a great option for those rainy spring days that New England is oh-so-prone to.
07. Outdoor Thermometer // Dad’s like their home to look nice just as much as Moms. This gorgeous thermometer will come in handy this summer when he looks out the window and decids whether or not to brave the humidity…