How in our adult lives had we never had a Dark ‘n’ Stormy?? This classic cocktail is pretty glorious. On paper, the combination of flavors actually sounds a little strange. But somehow the sweet vanilla of the rum, mixed with the spice of the ginger, and hint of acidity in the lime is pretty kick-ass.
(makes two drinks)
// 1 can ginger beer
// 4 shots dark rum (we were cheapos and went with good ol’ Trader Joe’s brand)
// 8 ice cubes
And here is our crab friend, Hector, who assisted us with our beachy staging.
01. Divide your 8 ice cubes between 2 tumblers
02. Fill your tumblers 2/3 of the way full with ginger beer
03. Slowly pour your rum over each to create the gradient look (about 2 shots per glass)
04. Squirt a lime wedge over the top, and create a pinwheel for a garnish
05. Take a photo for Instagram
06. Mix with a spoon and enjoy!
We made these guys on an ironic evening, considering it was rather grey and rainy out, and were very pleased with the results. Do yourself a favor though and don’t drink too many — that sugar from the soda will get to your head, and you will not be feeling so hot the next morning…we may have learned from experience.