I’ve been feeling pretty mellowed out these days. At work, on the train, putting on my makeup, cooking — all involve me listening to soft tunes and just overall taking it easy. I’ve always been into calming jives, but it seems a little elevated lately, and I’m rolling with it.
If you’ve been feeling similarly, then this playlist is for you. A combination of twang-y folk/indie guitar, and a little bit of synth-y sounds as well. Speaking of which, did you guys know that Vanessa Carlton came out with an indie album last year? I just discovered it yesterday and can’t stop listening. You can check out one of her songs on my playlist as well.
01. better than // lake street drive
02. our love // sharon van etten
03. old gloria // nico yaryan
04. i had a real good lover // the shouting matches
05. funeral beds // the districts
06. birmingham // shovels & ropes
07. take it easy // vanessa carlton
08. please don’t // leo stannard
09. love vigilantes // iron & wine
10. miss ohio // craig cardiff
11. changes // longhorn slim the law
12. beach house // the cave singers